I was responsible for eCommerce architecture & integrations for Duden’s first digital subscription / e-Commerce product (Duden Mentor) as well as user migration, OAuth2 / SSO implementation, platform & infrastructure migrations, information re-architecture (coordinating with UX teams), optimization of the CI deployment pipelines, spike / sprint planning & prioritization plus managing external agencies. This was a freelance project I worked on under our Agency - Setfire.
Smartions (Berlin & Souzhou China) was a China focussed eCommerce, mCommerce, & social media app publishing platform & SDK (SinoMoGo) that enabled foreign developers to publish & monetize games & apps in China’s previously inaccessible mobile market, whilst also enabling clients to build their Chinese audience through social media engagement.
My role as Founder & CEO covered pitching, fund-raising, investor relations, business strategy, service design, hands on UX design & managing development teams (agile) in China & Berlin, digital marketing, as well as key account management & corporate governance.
- Raised our €1.5 million funding target
- Employed 20 people in Berlin + China
- Published 24 games & apps to the Chinese Market (including the City Island series & titles from Stan Lee - Marvel)
- Reached more than 60 million downloads
(all apps / games using our SinoMoGo. Payments & Social SDK)
- Successfully monetized titles in-market based on a revenue share model
- Other full-service clients Included: Nokia, Daimler (Car2Go), & InMobi
As CTO I hired, managed, & mentored Berlin & China development & tech teams. Designed & managed development of 88tc88’s China based digital entertainment platform PaiShouBa (music, games, eBooks & mobile apps).
- Managed Development teams in Berlin & China
- Developed User personas / journeys, and UX / UI designs
- Managed integration of western (B2C) & China (B2B) eCommerce services as well as third-party content platform music catalogues & services (e.g. the Orchard / SoundCloud) Coordinated on release to market strategy & execution in China
- Advised on China regulatory compliance & user-acquisition
- Oversaw release of PaiShouBa entertainment platform & apps in China
- In conjunction with China colleague, negotiated pre-approval of music published in China with Chinese Ministry of Culture as well as direct integration with MoC approval pipeline
- Online marketing & social media marketing team was later brought under my remit
- Ensured group hit investor milestones for tranche funding
Responsible for the Release of all Aeria Games titles (MMORPG), including language teams, PR & marketing, & technical release (Dev Ops / Development).
- Formerly established & Led Release & Localization department of 35+ people
- Departmental budgetary responsibility
- Managed multiple game releases to diﬀerent regional markets including 5 concurrent game release projects
- Designed & implemented localization processes, tools, & pipeline to reduce necessity for in-game QA & improve quality of content
- Significantly reduced cost of localization & time to market through change management including tools & process improvement & team reorg
Managed the internationalization of all global CRM projects & Sage Pay. Managed Dublin localization engineering team & external vendor virtual teams (Dublin & China). Managed internal & global operational centre stakeholder relations. Coordinated closely with programme management & product development teams in the US. Implemented & developed tools, processes, & strategies to streamline the localization process. Coordinated creation & maintenance of end-to-end localization kits. Educated & worked with development teams on implementation of globalization & internationalization best practices.
Setfire (www.setfire.to) is a digital agency focused on building cross media digital experiences (web, mobile, VR, AR) & e-Commerce / m-Commerce solutions. Customers Include: Sanofi-Aventis, Zentiva, Health4Brands, Montblanc, Duden, Opto Deivces.
Creative Labs. (www.creative.com) PC Peripherals / Home & Personal Digital Entertainment Hardware
www.skillsoft.com - Computer & web-based training / education solutions
Mainframe Analysis & Programming (Financial & Insurance sectors)